Among the most popular and enduring Italian majolica patterns, the classic 'Raffaellesco' traces its origin to 16th century, and the graceful arabesques of Raphael's famous frescoes. The stylized dragon of the central motif was reputedly painted first by Raphael, a master painter and architect of the Italian High Renaissance. Raffaellesco is a benevolent deity who bestows good luck and fair winds to seagoing merchants, thus the puffs of wind steaming from the dragon's mouth.
- 100% Food Safe - Earthenware Ceramic - Hand Made & Hand Painted in Deruta-Italy. Size: Saucer/Dipping Bowl: 6.5" DIAM. X 1" HIGH..
We understand that Authenticity is of the most concern when purchasing fine Italian pottery. When you order from us, rest assured that you will receive absolutely first quality, genuine products!
- All of our products are brand new, 100% Authentic, Original products Hand Painted and Hand Made in Italy.
- All our products are always accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity and further authenticated with a tamper evident Hologram Sticker.
- Our company was the very first direct importer in the United States of real Deruta pottery since 1983.
- Orders are shipped promptly from our Glenview, IL USA warehouse.
You may also like
Recently viewed products
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …