The Faenza “Garofano” pattern is a true Italian classic from the renowned city of Faenza.
Faenza is by cultural tradition defined as City of the Ceramics, lies 30 miles south of Bologna in the north east part of Italy, and while an important agricultural as well as an industrial centre, it owes its renown to ceramics.
History has it that Marco Polo (Venezia 1254-1324) brought the Garofano pattern from the Orient in 1279 (along with the pasta).
Please note that this is the only dinnerware collection we carry that does NOT have a "Pure White" background glazing due to the fact that this high-end collection is manufactured using the same color tones and design just like the original antique pieces and the background is a very (very) light Blue.
- All Artistica's dinnerware products are double fired - durable and 100% Food-Safe
Artistica's dinnerware items are manufactured with Food-Safe glazes and safe color pigments as well as inspected and tested to comply with FDA standards.
- Not Safe for Microwave or Conventional Oven Use.
Our dinnerware products are Serving pieces and they are NOT meant to be used for cooking.
We understand that Authenticity is of the most concern when purchasing fine Italian pottery.
When you order from us, rest assured that you will receive absolutely first quality, genuine products!
- All of our products are brand new, 100% Authentic, Original products Hand Painted and Hand Made in Italy.
- All our products are always accompanied by a Certificate of Authenticity and further authenticated with a tamper evident Hologram Sticker.
- Our company was the very first direct importer in the United States of real Deruta pottery since 1983.
- Orders are shipped promptly from our Glenview, IL USA warehouse.